Sunday, February 20, 2011

Week three of the rest of my life.

sigh...here goes....well, I wish I had something brillant to write to you. I weighed myself today and once again I have put on weight: I am now 102.3kg.
I know what my problem is: commitment. I know I have to do this, and it is if every fibre of my being is resisting it. Well...with God's help, I am stronger than "every fibre of my being",
Last night, when I was driving back to the office at work, I did commit myself. So please do not give up reading my blog.
I commit to you that next week I will have good news.
I commit to me that I will spend the next year being commited to losing this excess weight and then maintaining it.
There is some good news this week;
  • I am now 100% vegan.
  • I am still walking my friend's dog, Max.
  • I have had some extra support from my friends which. even just knowing that they want to help, has helped. One friend offered to get together with me weekly and pray about this. My other friend is a dietician and she will see me as one of her clients monthly. So, I really appreciate this help.
  • My good friends are reading my blog and are so supportive and that helps so much also.
It is going to be OK. I know that God will help me. He has promised to do all we ask, if it is according to His will.
I am sure that it is not His will that we should be burdened with  excess weight. It is such a distraction from living the life that He wants for us. It is a distraction from us serving Him. I am sure that this is a spiritual battle as well as a physical one.
I can do this.
See you next week. xxx

1 comment:

  1. Go Annie, you'll get there. A meal at a time, a day at a time a prayer and a step at a time. April

    ReplyDelete